Set up by Dan and Simon in 2009, they had a tatty white Vauxhall Combo van, a little green trailer, 20 pieces of EZ Dock pontoons, a website and a dream.
Today P&D have in excess of 30 staff, a fleet of vehicles and occupy an old Lancaster Bomber hangar. It has been quite a journey and along the way we have:
· Floated cars down canals in Amsterdam.
· Dropped pontoons into sea coves from helicopters for Red Bull Cliff Diving.
· Rescued people, cattle and cars from the floods in the Somerset Levels.
· Helped in the Whaley Bridge Dam emergency.
· Provided pontoons for the 2012 Olympics.
· Improved access to water for people with a disability.
· Worked with some of the biggest firms in the construction industry.
We are very proud of how far we have come and would like to thank all our staff for their hard work, enthusiasm and loyalty.
With the recent launch of P&D Marine Services Ltd, providing a full suite of services for Boat Yards and Marinas including equipment inspection, servicing and training, and the acquisition last year of a large fleet of steel NATO pontoons to complement our already huge fleet of plastic pontoons, we look forward to exiting times over the next ten years.